Benefit of Analytic for Adwords Advertisers
In the past, all of us (advertisers) have been using Google Analytics to track AdWords data. However, recently Google has come up with an option through which we can import analytics data in the AdWords account.
WHY is it Important?
This software will help you understand the success of your online advertising campaign. This way, you can gain better understanding into the campaigns and take required action on those insights all in the same place.
Some of the Benefits:
- Identifying opportunities for improvement – Like a campaign and AdGroup with low ‘Average Visit Duration’ or ‘High Bounce Rate’ and ‘Low Conversion Rate’ would need to be re-evaluated to check relevance of the landing page to the AdCopies and keywords.
- Targeting Engaged Users: Check your ad groups and find the ones that has visitors who stay on the website the longest (“Avg. Visit Duration” or “Pages Per Visit”), and increase the bids for them.
WHAT data can you import from Google Analytics?
The data is available in AdWords account at the Campaign & AdGroup levels.
- Bounce Rate
- Average Visit Duration
HOW this Works?
Before you start to import data you will need to check the following Account Settings.
- In Google Analytics, your Data Sharing Setting should be – “Share my Google Analytics data with other Google products only.”
- You AdWords login should have administrative access to all the Analytics accounts that may be related to the websites for which you are running the PPC Campaign.
- Your Adwords account should be should have auto tagging enabled.
- The concerned analytics accounts must be already importing cost data from your AdWords account.
Connecting the Adwords Account to Analytics profiles:
1. Sign in to your AdWords account.
2. From the “My account” drop down menu select “Linked Accounts”.
3. Select the Google Analytics profiles you want to import data from.
4. You can select up to ten profiles to link to your AdWords account.
This will greatly help in improving campaign performance. Though, previously, some of the features were available directly in the Analytics interface (was limited to one profile). Now you can have multiple profile data for an AdWords campaign which might have landing pages on multiple websites.
Contributed by: Saurabh Shanker, Sr. Lead :: Search Marketing & Web Analytics
Tags: Benefits of Analytics, Benefits of Google Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Analytics and Adwords, How to import Google Analytics data in Adwords account, Importing Google Analytics data in Adwords account